- The union carries the name „ADU – Assistant Directors Union e.V.“.
- The place of business is Berlin.
- The objective of the union is
- safeguarding, maintaining and promoting the professional and economic interests of the scenic Assistant Directors working under the Anglo-American and German systems and the AD PAs (AD Production Assistants),
- promoting a solidary interaction among its members,
- representing the interests of its members towards the broadcast companies, the film industry, the producers and exploiters of TV, film and AV in the domestic and foreign markets, the domestic and foreign streaming portals, the collecting societies, the trade unions as well as legislative and executive authorities on all political levels (in local communities, federal states, and the federal government). This also includes the formation of wage agreements and other collective agreements.
- representing the interests of its members in all further areas, also in the form of a class action suit, in all issues of media-, labour- and social policy and in the extrajudicial pursuit of professional interests.
- The union will be entered into the register of associations.
- The union can become a member of other organisations or collaborate with them.
- The business year is identical with the calendar year. Taxable business operations, which answer the purpose of the union, may be supported. The union itself is not a taxable business operation.